Tom,

I don't think it matters what it says on an IRC. It is exchangable for
postage (one unit of airmail). Probably the stamps on the IRC is that
it was an older IRC the p.o. still had and was bringing it up to the
new rate. But, this has no effect on the redemption value to you.

Sometimes I think some of these postal employees, no matter where they
work, just don't bother to look it up and go by their opinion. Several
times when I purchased some IRCs they just handed them to me without
stamping them.

So, in other words, what you have said here, you are correct!

73 de John N6JM