Fellow DXers,

I am a member of the Oceania DX Contest Committee and we been formed to
revamp the old VK/ZL contest, now known as the OCEANIA DX Contest. There
are some new awards and slight rule changes and we have tried to
encourage activity from all of Oceania, including the smaller islands so
YOU can work some RARER DX from Oceania. We are hoping for lots of
activity. If you need zone 29 or zone 30 on 75m phone it is an ideal
opportunity, look around 3.798-3.800 and 3.690-3.700 from about 0900z to
2000z. There will be some bigger signals about. On 40m the VKs and ZLs
will look for you split above 7.150 and will likely be around 7.080 +/-
20 kHz. During the CW contest look around the bottom of the band around
the same times.

Please feel free to participate, even if you are just chasing DX for a
new band country or call area. N6RO has kindly sponsored a trophy for
you guys in North America who like working phone. Anyone from EU willing
to sponsor the contest for an EU trophy is welcome to contact the
committee. Asia now has an award for CW and Phone as well.

If you are interested in the rules please check out the web site.

www.nzart.org.nz/nzart/update/contests/oceania/

For 24 hours in the coming two weekends the world will beam "down
under",  and it gives you a better than even chance to get through. It
is a great chance to pick-up a new band country from Oceania or perhaps
a new call area, not to mention the ideal chance to warm up for the big
CQWW contest at the end of the month.

The contest periods are:
PHONE: 0800 UTC Saturday 6 October to 0800 UTC Sunday 7 October
CW: 0800 UTC Saturday 13 October to 0800 UTC Sunday 14 October

Please join us, for the full 24 hours, a few hours or even for just a
few contacts. I hope you have fun or at least work a new one! With the
Solar flux soaring in the last few days it's sure to be lots of fun for
all!

Good luck contesting/DXing and 73
Tony
VK3TZ

Apologies if you think this is too far off-topic but it is a good chance
to work some Oceania DX stations, even if you're not a gung-ho
contester.