20 October 2001                                                 No 546
                          ===========================
                          *** 4 2 5  D X  N E W S ***
                          ****  DX  INFORMATION  ****
                          ===========================
                           Edited by  I1JQJ & IK1ADH

/---------------------------------------------------------------------------\
! Information, reports and suggestions must be sent to:                     !
!                                                                           !
! Mauro Pregliasco, I1JQJ: DX information                                   !
!       (e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED] - BBS [EMAIL PROTECTED])            !
! Maurizio Bertolino, IZ1CRR (I1-21171): 425 DX News WWW Pages              !
!       (e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED])                                         !
\---------------------------------------------------------------------------/

425DXN #546 --->  This issue was  published earlier  than usual  a few  hours
before your Editors left for the International HF-DX & Contest Convention  to
be held in Catania over the weekend.

5B     - RA0AM, RA9JX, RZ9UA,  RV0AU, RW3QC, RW9UP,  UA9MA, UA9UR and  UA9YAB
          will be active as  5B4/homecall from Cyprus  on 23-30 October.  They
          will participate in the CQ WW DX SSB Contest as P3A. [TNX UA9YAB]
6Y     - AC8G, N6NR, N7YX, WA8LOW and W8ILC will participate in the CQ WW  DX
          SSB Contest as 6Y6L (Multi-Multi) from  Jamaica (NA-097). They  plan
          to have four complete stations with  amplifiers and a wide range  of
          antennas. QSL via WA8LOW.  The group expects  to start limited  SSB,
          CW, PSK31  activity  as homecall/6Y5  on  23 October.  QSL  via  the
          appropriate home call. [TNX OPDX Bulletin]
9M6    - Irwin, KD3TB and Andy, KD3RF will be active (on SSB, RTTY and PSK31)
          as 9M6TBT from East Malaysiaa on 26-29 October, CQ WW SSB DX Contest
          included. QSL via KD3TB. [TNX The Daily DX]
CT3    - Walter, DJ6QT  will  be active  from  Madeira  (AF-014)  between  23
          October and 26 November. He will  participate in both  the CQ WW  DX
          Contests as CT9L. QSL via DJ6QT. [TNX The Daily DX]
F      - Special call TM5SIA  will be used  on all bands  and modes until  30
          October, including an entry in the  CQ WW DX SSB Contest, by  French
          amateur radio operators to celebrate the 23rd International  HamExpo
          in Auxerre. QSL via F2WS. [TNX F5NQL]
FP     - Look for FP/AC8W and FP/K8DD to  operate from St. Pierre &  Miquelon
          (NA-032) on 25-31 October, single band  entries in the CQ WW DX  SSB
          Contest included. QSL via home calls.
FG     - Edin, T97M will be active (on all bands SSB, CW and RTTY) as FG/T97M
          from Guadeloupe on 22-30 October. QSL  via K2PF (Ralph G.  Fariello,
          23 Old  Village  Rd, Hillsborough,  NJ  08844-4008, USA).  Edin  and
          Danny, T93M will participate in the  CQ WW DX  SSB Contest as  FG5BG
          (Multi-Single). [TNX T97M]
FS/PJ7 - Ken, K7ZUM, and  Craig, AH8DX will  operate as  PJ7/K7ZUM (on  10-40
          metres RTTY and SSB) from St. Maarten and FS/AH8DX (mostly SSB) from
          St. Martin starting on 21 October.  They will participate in the  CQ
          WW SSB Contest. QSL via home calls. [TNX The Daily DX]
GD     - Joe, K1JB  and Mike,  K1EU will  participate in  the  CQ WW  DX  SSB
          Contest as GD6IA from the Isle  of Man (EU-116). Before the  contest
          they will operate on CW as MD/K1EU and MD/K1JB. [TNX The Daily DX]
HV     - Look for  HV5PUL to  be aired  (on  HF, 6  and  2 metres)  from  the
          Pontificia Universita' Lateranense, Vatican City (http://www.pul.it)
          on 20 October and 6 November. [TNX OZ6OM]
I      - A large group  of operators  (including 9A3GW,  9A6A, 9H1EL,  I4AVG,
          I4EAT, I4TJE, I4VEQ, IT9CHU, IT9EQO, IT9GSF, IT9INO, IV3TMV, JH4RHF,
          N5ZO, S50R and SV8CS) will participate  in the CQ WW DX SSB  Contest
          as IG9A (Multi-Multi) from Lampedusa Island (African Italy, Zone 33,
          IOTA AF-019). QSL via I2MQP. [TNX IT9GSF]
I      - Pantelleria  Contest  Team  (I2IFT,  I8QLS,  I8ULL,  I8UZA,  IK2ANI,
          IK2CIO, IK2HKT,  IK2RZP,  IK2SND, IK2YCN,  IK8ETA,  IN3QBR,  IN3XUG,
          IT9BLB,  IT9VDQ,  IT9WPO,   IT9ZMX,  OL5Y,  W1NA   and  W7ZB)   will
          participate in the CQ WW DX  SSB Contest as IH9P (Multi-Multi)  from
          the island of Pantelleria (African Italy, Zone 33, IOTA AF-018,  IIA
          TP-001). QSL via KR7X. They will arrive on 20 October and before the
          Contest they will operate as homecall/IH9  on CW, RTTY, SSTV,  PSK31
          and on the WARC bands. [TNX IT9BLB]
J3     - Yankee Clipper Contest Club members K1RX (J3/K1RX), K1HI  (J3/K1HI),
          K2KQ (J37ZA) and W1NR (J3/W1NR)  will participate in  the CQ WW  SSB
          Contest as  J3A (Multi-Multi)  from Grenada  (NA-024). QSL  J3A  via
          WA1S, others via home calls. [TNX The Daily DX]
J6     - David, K3LP will  operate as J6R  from St. Lucia  (NA-108) on  24-31
          October. During  the CQ  WW DX  SSB Contest  he  will be  joined  by
          Ernest, J69AZ and they will participate  in the event as M/S on  all
          bands. [TNX The Daily DX]
KH0    - JF1MIA will  operate (on  HF  and 6  metres)  as KH0A  from  Saipan,
          Northern Marianas (OC-086) on 26-29 October. QSL via home call. [TNX
          OZ6OM]
P2     - Yoshi, JG7AMD will be active as P29JA from Papua New Guinea (on 80-6
          metres, WARC bands included) on 24-29 October, including an entry in
          the CQ WW DX SSB Contest.  QSL via JG7AMD either direct  (Yoshi-hiro
          Shoji, 168-5 Yokaichi, Odaki, Esashi, 023-1131 Japan) or through the
          JARL bureau. [TNX JG7AMD]
T2     - Team Tuvalu will now use T2T  (HF, QSL direct  only via JN1HOW)  and
          T2SIX (6m, QSL  direct only via  JH7OHF) during  their 1-8  November
          operation    [425DXN    545].     Their    web     site    is     at
          http://www1.famm.ne.jp/~ndxa/pedi/t2-2001/t2-2001.html [TNX JJ1LIB]
V2     - Team Antigua will participate in the  CQ WW DX  SSB Contest as  V26B
          (Multi-Multi). A large group of operators will be active (especially
          on RTTY, PSK31, 160 metres,  the WARC bands  and possibly 6  metres)
          with individual  calls starting  around 22  October until  around  4
          November. For the time being team members include:
          V26A  (N3BNA)  QSL via WB3DNA     V26O  (N5NJ)    QSL via N5NJ
          V26K  (N2TK)   QSL via N2TK       V26OC (N3OC)    QSL via wN3OC
          V26B  (WT3Q)   QSL via WT3Q       V26TZ (ZP5AZL)  QSL via W3HNK
          V26E  (AB2E)   QSL via AB2E       V26U  (W2UDT)   QSL via W2UDT
          V26EW (N2ED)   QSL via N2ED       V26YR (W2YR)    QSL via W2YR
          For further information please visit http://www.frc-contest.org
W      - The University of Florida Radio Club will operate as W4DFU from  the
          Cedar Key Island (NA-076) Lighthouse between approximately 14 UTC on
          20 October and 21 UTC on the 21st. The primary bands will be 10,  15
          and 20 metres SSB, with some operation on CW, 40 and 17 metres.  QSL
          to W4DFU or WA4ET. [TNX W3KT]
W      - The Anne Arundel Radio Club in Davidsonville, Maryland will  operate
          a special event station using the  club callsign W3VPR to  celebrate
          the 50th Anniversary of AARC. The station will operate on +/- 14240,
          21340 and 28440 kHz from 12 UTC to 20 UTC on 20 and 21 October.  QSL
          to Anne Arundel Radio Club  Inc., P.O. Box  308 , Davidsonville,  MD
          21035, USA. [TNX K3GV]
W      - Special Event Stations  using the call  sign W7K  will operate  from
          0000 UTC on 20 October through 0000 UTC on the 22nd to celebrate the
          85th year  of continuous  operation by  the  Radio Club  of  Tacoma,
          Washington. QSL  to RCT,  Box 11188,  Tacoma,  WA 98411,  USA.  [TNX
          W7BUN]
ZF     - Jim, K4BI will be active (on 40-6 metres, with "primary emphasis" on
          6m) as ZF2MU from the Cayman Islands (NA-016) on 18-28 October. [TNX
          OZ6OM]

                          ===========================
                          *** 4 2 5  D X  N E W S ***
                          ****  GOOD TO KNOW ... ****
                          ===========================
                           Edited by  I1JQJ & IK1ADH

CQ ASKS CONTESTERS TO E-MAIL ALL LOGS  ---> The following was released on  16
October:   "Due    to    security   concerns,    CQ    Communications    Inc.
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) is asking all participants in CQ-sponsored  amateur
radio contests to submit their logs electronically. All logs for the CQ World
Wide DX Contest, the CQ WPX Contest, the CQ World Wide 160-Meter Contest, the
CQ World Wide  VHF Contest and  the CQ/RTTY Journal  RTTY contests should  be
submitted via e-mail per instructions in the rules for each contest. In light
of recent  events  regarding hazardous  items  sent through  the  mail,  logs
received through the mail at the CQ  offices will be held unopened until  all
potential health risks have been evaluated. CQ says it cannot guarantee  that
logs submitted by postal mail will be opened". For further information please
contact Richard Moseson, W2VU ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

E30NA ---> The pilot station is Dieter, DF4RD ([EMAIL PROTECTED]). The web page -
to be updated  on a daily  basis -  is at  http://www.qsl.net/e30na. QSL  via
DL5NAM.

NEW ISLAND AWARD  ---> The Grado  Lagoon Islands  Award is  sponsored by  ARI
Grado. Full information is available at http://go.to/arigrado [TNX IV3KTY]

QSL EX10A ---> Cards for this Kyrgyz special event station have been  printed
and can  be  requested from  the  EX bureau  (P.O  Box 745,  Bishkek  720017,
Kyrgyzstan). [TNX EX/K4ANA]

QSL VIA JE1DXC ---> Masa, JE1DXC  is not the QSL  manager for YJ0ADX  [425DXN
540]. This was (obviously) a typo for  YJ0AXC, the call Masa used during  his
operations from Vanuatu.  We apologize for  any inconvenience  this may  have
caused Masa and our readers.

+ SILENT KEY + Vilnis Vosekalns, YL2KF reports the sad news of the passing of
Gundars "Gunis" Zakis, YL2RP on 9  October at 36 years of  age. Gunis was  an
active island chaser  and one  of the  few amateurs  from Latvia  to get  the
5BDXCC and DXCC Honor Roll.

                          ===========================
                          *** 4 2 5  D X  N E W S ***
                          ***  NEWS FROM THE WEB  ***
                          ===========================
                           Edited by  I1JQJ & IK1ADH

GB0SM:  The log for the 6-13 October  operation from EU-011 is now  available
         at www.qsl.net/gb0sm. E-mail requests for bureau cards can be sent to
         either [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED] [TNX G0PSE]
LOGS:   The   3D2AD,    3D2CI   and    3D2CY    logs   are    available    at
         http://dx.qsl.net/logs [TNX The Daily DX]

                          ===========================
                          *** 4 2 5  D X  N E W S ***
                          *******  QSL INFO  ********
                          ===========================
                           Edited by  I1JQJ & IK1ADH

CALL        MANAGER     CALL        MANAGER     CALL        MANAGER
3A2AD       YT1AD       EO8141ZPN   UY0ZG       S79DA       DL1DA
3B8/ON4LAC  ON4LAC      ER8C        ER1DA       SV0IR       DL2FDF
3B8/PA3BAG  PA3BAG      EX2M        W3HNK       SV8/DL8MCA  DL8MCA
3D2CI       YT1AD       EX8W        UA3AGS      T30ES       W1QI
3D2CY       Z32AU       EY8MM       K1BV        T88ME       7N1RTO
3D2MH       DL1MHM      EY90MT      EY8MM       T88YB       HL1IWD
3D2WG       DL9NCW      EZ10A       EZ3A        TG/DB2TR    DL1SBF
3DA0DF      DL7DF       EZ10AQ      DJ1MM       TG/DL1CW    DL1CW
3W2DC       N4CD        EZ10BO      EZ8BO       TG/DL3GA    DL3GA
4S7OF       K0JN        FM5WD       W3HNK       TI2/KI7WO   KC0ILU
4W/CU3FT    CT1EEB      FO0DEH      ON4QM       TI4GCV      EA7FTR
5B4/PA3FDO  PA3FDO      FR5ZU/T     JA8FCG      TT8DX       F5OGL
5N41EAM     IK7JTF      FY/F8DEG/P  F8DEG       UA0AZ       W3HNK
5N41NDP     IK5JAN      GB0SM       G3WNI       UA9CUA      W3HNK
5T5KYC      JA2KYC      GB8ST       G4DFI       UK8OM       IK2QPR
5T5NMY      JR1BWQ      GH4BJC/p    G0DBX       UN7EN       EA7FTR
5T5RUZ      JA8RUZ      H40AT       IZ8CCW      UN7MO       EA7FTR
5T5U        JA1UT       H44AT       IZ8CCW      UX1IM/p     UX1IM
5U7JK       I2YSB       HB0/HA0HW/p HA0HW       V31JP       KA9WON
5W0MO       OM2SA       HB0/HA4DX/p HA4DX       V47OHX      G4OHX
8Q7LM       DL7ULM      HB0/HA4XG/p HA4XG       V8AAP       N2OO
8R1USA      8R1AK       HK0OEP      N0JT        VE1/HB9BCK  HB9BCK
8Z0A        pirate      II1ARI      I1JQJ       VK8AN/6     VK4AAR
9H3WD       OK1AD       II6I        IK6LLE      VK9LO       PA3GIO
9N1AC       N3ME        IQ3V        IV3LNQ      VR2OS       K0JN
9N7RB       W4FOA       IQ4T        IK4WMH      VU3MCV      ON7LX
9Y4/DL2YY   DL2YY       IQ5ONU      I5KKW       VY2/HB9BCK  HB9BCK
A92DX       pirate      J41NIK      SV1HR       XF1/DL1YMK  DL1YMK
AA1NY/KH0   JA4CZM      J88DR       G3TBK       XW0X        XW2A
AP2JZB      K2EWB       JA6WFM/HR3  JA6VU       XX9TEP      K8EP
BD8HD/4     BA4EG       JD1BKY      JI2BTM      YB0DPO      K5ZE
C6AHN       KC4SZE      JT1CS       JR1CGJ      YB0GJS      K5ZE
C98DC       DL7AFS      KH0/JA4KKW  JA4KKW      YC3CZ/9     YC9BU
CE6TBN/7    CE6TBN      KH2/KH0T    JA1SGU      YN4SU       TI4SU
CQ9T        CT3KN       KH2VL       JM1LJS      ZF2LC       W2SM
CT3KN/CT1   CT3KN       KP2/EI2CA   EI2CA       ZF2ZZ       SM7DZZ
CT9KN       CT3KN       LU8XW       EA5BD       ZK1ETW      SM7ETW
CU3FT       EA7FTR      LW9EOC      EA7JX       ZK1USA      ZK1CG
DU1/SQ9BOP  SP6GVU      MM0LEO      W3LEO       ZL1/PA0MIR  PA0MIR
EA9EU       EA9AZ       OY3QN       OZ1ACB      ZV5OKT      PP5BLU

                          ===========================
                          *** 4 2 5  D X  N E W S ***
                          *******  ADDRESSES  *******
                          ===========================
                           Edited by  I1JQJ & IK1ADH

CE6TBN    Marco Quijada, P.O. Box 1234, Temuco, Chile
CT3KN     Ricardo Martins, Cam do Pilar, Edf Colinas do Pilar, Bl. D, 5 Dto,
           9000-150 Funchal, Portugal
DL1YMK    Michael Kohla, Pieperfeldweg 31, D-48329 Havixbeck, Germany
DL7AFS    Babs Linge, Eichwaldstr. 86, 34123 Kassel, Germany
HA8IB     Karoly Szabo, Fuzesgyarmat, Aradi U. 42, 5525, Hungary
IK4WMH    Stefano Turci, Cerchia S. Egidio 4460, 47023 Cesena, Italy
IK8PGM    Roberto Duca, Viale Europa 184, 80053 Castellammare di Stabia - NA,
           Italy
IZ8CCW    P.O. Box 360, 87100 Cosenza - CS, Italy
JA1JQY    Shigeo Matsui, 2-31-10 Shimoseya, Seya, Yokohama 246-0035 Japan
JA1OEM    Shinichi Toyofuku, P.O. Box 9, Sawara, Chiba 287-8691, Japan
JA8VE     Kunio Saito, 2-26-5-554 Nishituruma, Yamato 242-0005, Japan
JI2BTM    Takashi Nakajima, Dai-ichi Kanare-sou 3-134, Moritaka 1-107,
           Moriyama, Nagoya 463-0035, Japan
K4VUD     Charly Harpole, 3100 HWY, 426 North, Geneva, FL 32732-9761, USA
KA9WON    Lonnie Miller, 12618 Thistle Ridge Close, Roscoe, IL 61073, USA
N4CD      Robert A. Voss, 3133 Charring Cross, Plano, TX 75025, USA
PA0MIR    Nico van der Bijl, Lepelblad 129, NL 1441 VH Purmerend, The
           Netherlands
PA3GIO    Bert vd Berg, Parklaan 38, NL-3931 KK Woudenberg, The Netherlands
PS8HF/p   P.O. Box 110, Teresina, PI 64001-970, Brazil
PS8NF/p   P.O. Box 110, Teresina, PI 64001-970, Brazil
RZ9IB     Alexander Ivanov, P.O. Box 1327, Tomsk-9, 634009, Russia
SV2FPU    Giannis Ioannidis, Poliviou 57, 54351 Thessaloniki, Greece
UA0ZAL    Oleg V. Surkov, ul. Lugovaya 24-12, pos. Svetlyj, Kamchatka 684010,
           Russia
UX1IM     Oleg S. Motsny, ul. Beregovaya 94-1, Selidovo, 85400, Ukraine
VK4AAR    Alan Roocroft, P.O. Box 421, Gatton 4343, Australia
W1QI      C.A.R.A., P.O. Box 3441, Danbury, CT 06813, USA
YC9BU     Kadek Kariana SP, P.O.Box 106, Singaraja 81100, Bali, Indonesia
YT1AD     Dr. Hrane Milosevic, 36 206 Vitanovac, Yugoslavia
Z32AU     Dragan Kostevski, P.O. Box 35, 6000 Ohrid, Macedoni
ZK1CG     Victor Rivera, P.O. Box 618, Rarotonga, Cook Islands, via New
           Zealand
                             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                  with either
                subscribe 425eng  (for the English version) OR
                subscribe 425ita  (for  the  Italian  version)
             in the SUBJECT (leave the body of the message blank)

           If you want to UNSUBSCRIBE, follow the same procedure and
             replace  subscribe 425eng  or  subscribe 425ita  with
           unsubscribe 425eng  or  unsubscribe 425ita  respectively

Mauro Pregliasco, I1JQJ/KB2TJM
425 DX News Editor
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.425dxn.org