MESSAGE: (#456) DXing from the Marshall Islands
AUTHOR: Jim Todd
DATE: Friday, 29 March 2002, at 00:13 GMT

For those of you following our sailing adventures on "Morning Wings" we are
now in the Marshall Islands. Carol (kc7tsx) is now v73sx and I am v73kz. (in
real life I am Jim, kc7okz) Everything is up and working fine. The Yaesu
FT-900 was put into sevice on the way down from Honolulu when our ICOM-706 bit
the dust. It is now repaired and functioning. We set up on the atoll with our
little Honda genset (only 1000 watts) and a couple of Hamsticks.Everything
worked great. For now we are doing everything from Majuro (oc-029) but within
the next couple of months should be able to get out to at least two of the
unactivated atolls and put them on the air. Probably Ujelang will be first.

Jim Vining    -    N8JV   ,   Flint, Michigan