I/12                           DIAMOND NEWS                5/06/2002
                  ANTARCTIC-IOTA-WABA/WASA Digest
                           Diamond Dx Club
               Editors-Gennaro, I8YRK & Egidio, IZ8BRI
                            www.ddxc.org
                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
              Number I/12                 Date  6/06/2002

>>>   DIAMOND ANTARCTIC NEWS

- R1ANZ                        [WABA  UA-07]
Wally, RU1ZC, is active every day at 15:00 / 15:30 UTC around 14.160 with
UA1BJ

- R1AND
Victor is planning to return in Antarctica during this year. By the way his
manager, DL5EBE, informes us that all the QSL cards about this activity have
been sent via bureau or direct.
Note that R1AND/A QSL cards aren't printed yet.

- R1ANC                         [WABA UA-10]
He has made over than 11.000 QSO. During this week the temperature in Vostok
Base was -68°.

- ZS7/ZS4AGA                    [WABA ZS-01]
Anton every monday is QRV on the Antarctic Net 21275 +/- Khz, unfortunatly
during this week the propagation wasn't very good so only a couple of
stations was able to work him. The actual aAnton antenna is an inverted vee
and 100 W.

- ZL5CP                         [WABA K-09]
Chris is courrently back in USA. He will be back on Ross Island  AN-011 on
August 15th. He got approval for his Antarctic licence, so once again he
will have tha call ZL5CP.
During his Antarctic stay he will also use KC4/N3SIG from MacMurdo Base.

QSL > AI3D

ANTARCTIC QSL STATUS

- R1ANF/P                     [WABA PY-03]
QSL cards are now ready. Our printer IT9EJW QSL sent the cards to RK1PWA. So
we will hope that in few week you will receive the request.

>>>   DIAMOND IOTA NEWS

JUNE 2002

- XF1DN                       [IOTA NA-163]
J. Hector Garcia M. XE2DN from Mexicali, BC, has organised a dxpedition to
Angel de a Guarda Island, in the Gulf of Baja (Sea of Cortes). He is in
contact with a group of hams to make this trip before June 15th. They will
have to be well prepared since they are going in a small vesel and it can be
afected by the high winds between the island and the peninsula.  They
already have the COFETEL (XE-FCC) permit to transmit and they will use the
XF1DN callsign.  The island is IOTA-163 and Grid DL-39.
The permit is good June 4th to 15th, so look for them since they plan to be
quite active

- BQ9P                           [IOTA AS-110]
Members of the Chinese Taipei Amateur Radio League will be QRV as BQ9P from
June 4 to 12. Activity will be on
160 to 6 meters.

QSL > KU9C

- JA CALL/6                      [IOTA AS-024]
The team composed by JA0KNM/6,JA3MCA/6,JJ1EQW/6,JE3NJZ/6 plan to be on
Iriomote Is AS-024) 7-10 Jun 40-6m plus WARC on SSB and CW

QSL > H. C. or Bureau

-  IS0/IK1YED/P                  [IOTA EU-165 IIA-CA-13]
Marco, IK1YED, plans to be QRV as IS0/IK1YED/p from the San  Pietro Island
and  Sant'Antioco (EU-024, IIA CA-014) between
June 1 to 6.

QSL > IK1YED

- XM7/VU3SNM                      [IOTA NA-036]
Sasi, VU3SNM will be active from Victoria Vancouver Island, NA-036, British
Columbia from 8-16 June and as XM6/VU3SNM from Edmonton, Alberta on 17-20
June. Activity will be expect on 20, 15, 12, 10 and 6 metres SSB and PSK31.

QSL > 9V1SM

- YC3MM/P                         [IOTA OC-197]
YC3MM plans to be QRV from Bawean Isl. from 8 June. He will stay on the
island for 3 or 4 days.
Adhi will be QRV mostly on 21 and 28 Mhz SSB in both modes CW/SSB.
Note taht logs will be on line after the Dx Pedition on MDXC web site

QSL > IZ8CCW Antonio Cannataro, P.o. Box: 360, 87100 Cosenza, Italy.
On Line: www.mdxc.org/yc3mm

- VP8ITN
Les, GM3ITN, will be at 20th Anniversary Celebration from 10 to 22 June on
Falkland Island.  He plans an activity from Saunders Isl  from 18 to 20
June.
Les also says that there is a possibility of activity from Stanley at any
time between 12th-17th June. He will be active on usually IOTA frequencies
on all bands.

QSL > GM3ITN
On Line: www.angelfire.com/falcon/gm3itn/

JULY 2002

- JI3DST/8                      [IOTA AS-147]
Take, JI3DST will once again be active from Okushiri Island from uly 26 to
Aug 5 during the RSGB IOTA Contest in July.
Look for him on 6, 10, 12, 15, 17 and 40 meters SSB.

QSL > JI3DST, Takeshi Funaki, 2-18-26 Hannan-Cho Abeno-Ku Oaka-city, Osaka
545-0021, JAPAN.

AUGUST 2002

FO/IK2QPR                       [IOTA OC-067]
Paol, IK2QRP, will be QRV from Bora Bora Island between 10 and 14 of August
2002 with the callsign  FO/ IK2QPR. Paolo count to be active on SSB and CW
all bands.

QSL> IK2QPR Paolo Fava, via Bertani 8 , 46100 Mantova, Italy .

>>>   DO YOU KNOW ?

- F/ON6JUN/P
The South Flanders DX Activity Group organises a special event station to
commemorate the anniversary of the landing in Ranville Normandy. Our special
call is F/ON6JUN/P what means "France On the 6th of June at Pegasus".
QTH will be again the garden of the "Pegasus Memorial Museum", just next the
original Pegasus bridge. When You are in the neighbourhood, You're always
welcome to visit us!
The station will then be QRV from the 1st of June until the 4th of June on
HF and VHF bands in SSB, CW and some digimodes like SSTV and RTTY.

This will be the station setup:
Station 1: HF CW
Station 2: HF phone and digi
Station 3: 2 m, 6 m phone (when there are conditions)

Be sure to look at our site on the 1st of June until the 4th of June for
online reporting of the expedition, photo's, frequencies, status,
and streaming audio...(http://www.qsl.net/on6jun)

On Line: www.qsl.net/on6jun
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

- GACW
Has a new URL: http://gacw.no-ip.org  visit this nice page with a lots
inoformation about Dx and Ham activity.

- GQ - MQ prefix:
All UK amateurs are allowed to use the prefixes GQ, MQ and 2Q in June to
celebrate the Golden Jubilee of the Queen
Elizabeth II.

>>>DIAMOND MEMBERS

Acclaming Members

Call        Name       Surname
I2VZP      Renato      Cepparo

Call for enter in Diamond DX Club

Call       Name              Surname
IK8PGC    Sossio             Crispino

DIAMOND NEWS an idea of Diamond Dx Club -
Editors: Gennaro Casaburi, I8YRK - Egidio Settimio, IZ8BRI

For this number THANKS to the following Ham and Dx Associations:
425 Dxn, 9V1SM, DL5EBE, GM3ITN, I1JQJ, I8LEL, I8YRK, IT9EJW, IZ8CCW, JI6KVR,
LU6EF, OPDX
INFO - NEWS - SUGGESTIONS - PROBLEMS

e-mail  :[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web Site:www.ddxc.org

Subscibe: [EMAIL PROTECTED]         [Eng]
          [EMAIL PROTECTED]  [Ita]