at 12/14/02 02:31 PM [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I know that country counting was not as prevalent in the 1920s, but obviously some of the old timers were keeping track.        I don't have access to 1920s QSTs.

Can anybody tell me what sort of country totals the leaders had in say 1930?     I am working on an article about a local old timer, who just became a silent key, and I want to see how his totals compare.

73

Don K8MFO

The first ARRL Country List published in the January 1937 QST had 231 countries on it and the 1938 list had 250. The 1937 Radio Magazine List had 234 and in 1938 Radio Magazines list also was up to 250.

I will do some more digging and see if I can give you some more specifics on how many some of the early stations had confirmed.

73 & Good DX DE N6DHZ
James Shryne
[EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.qsl.net/n6dhz
www.sasquatchnet.org
www.scdxc.org