-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Romanchuk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, December 21, 2002 1:28 PM
To: Diane Zalitach; Steve Wright; Wally Winters; Wally Whyte; Marilyn
Wells; Richard Small; Al Simpson; Joe Shewchuk; Don Schilling; Lawrence
Romanchuk; Dan Romanchuk; Brian Romanchuk; Lloyd Rewuski; Ron Peasy;
OBosak; Ken Nazeravich; Ivan Morin; Julie Mathias; Bjarne Madsen; DXCC
Checker List; Ken Kozak; Judy; Bob Jacobs; Olga Humeny; Ed Henderson;
Derek Hay; Ron Hanuschuk; Arthur Grant; Harsha Godavari; Gil Frederick;
Paula Ehn; DXR; Jason Drysdale; Maueen Czop; David Czop; Norm Coull;
Nellie Cooke; Jason Cooke; Mike Chomiak; Michael Chomiak; Stephen
Bubnowicz; Natalka Bosak; Beverly; Bertha; Monique Bailey
Subject: [DX-NEWS] If you have this on File

A virus has been passed on to me by one of my contacts. My address book
has in turn been infected. Since you are in my address book, there is a
good chance you will find it on your computer too. I followed the
directions below and eradicated the virus easily. Sorry for the
inconvenience. The virus (called jdbgmgr.exe)is NOT detected by Norton
or McAfee anti-virus' systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before
damaging the system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by the
address book , whether or not you sent e-mails to your contacts. Here's
how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it.. YOU MUST DO THIS I
found the teddy bear virus in my C drive  1. go to Start, Find or Search
option 2. In the file/folders option, the name:jdbgmgr.exe. Be sure you
search your C: drive and all sub folders and any other drives you may
have.4 Click the "Find Now" 5. The virus has a teddy bear icon with the
name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN IT!! 6 Go to edit(on the menu bar) choose
"Select all" to highlight the file without opening it .7. Now go to file
(on the menu bar)and select delete. It will then go to Recycle Bin 8.Go
to the Recycle Bin and delete it there as well. IF YOU FIND THE
VIRUS,YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK SO THAT THEY
CAN ERADICATE IT FROM THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS. To do this, a) open a new
e-mail message b) Click the icon of the address book next to the "TO"
Highlight every name and add to "BCC" d) Copy this message ....enter
subject ... paste  to e-mail... send

Notice:

intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named
Notice:
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received
this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains
confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not
the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.