I.C.P.O. (Islands, Castles & Portable Operations)

Correction - W9DX/p on Horse Island, not Enchanted Island:

12/28/2002:  Steve, W9DX/p, will be activating Horse Island (IA-003R) for
the U.S. Islands Awards Program (USI) on Saturday, December 28th, or Sunday,
December 29th, about 19:00 UTC on 14250-14260 kHz +/- QRM. He will try other
frequencies on request. The island is located in the Mississippi River,
Scott County, Iowa. QSL via eQSL or QRZ.com address. [tnx W9DX]

Update -

12/28/2002:  Piero, I2CZQ/p, will be active December 28th from Residenza
Fortificata di Pudiano ad Orzinuovi (DCI reference BS-131 for the Italian
Castles Award). Operation will start at approximately 09:00 UTC on 40 meter
SSB and then later he will move to 20 meter SSB. The Fortress of Pudiano in
Orzinuovi is located in Region of Lombardia, Province of Brescia (BS). QSL
via home call, direct or bureau. [tnx I2CZQ]

12/28/2002:  Nuccio, I7YKN/p, will be active December 28th from Le Quattro
Colonne o Torre del Fiume di S.ta Maria al Bagno a Narḍ (DCI reference
LE-072 for the Italian Castles Award). Operation will be on 40 and 20 meter
SSB. The Four Columns or Tower is located in the Region of Puglia, Province
of Lecce (LE). QSL via home call, direct or bureau. [tnx I7YKN]

12/28/2002:  Look for YC3MM, YC3DIK and YC3HAR to be active December 28th
from Madura Island (OC-237 - Java's Coastal Islands). Primary band will be
15 meters. They may use tha special call YB3ZMI, or home calls/p. No other
information was given at this time. QSL via Ant, IZ8CCW. [tnx IZ8CCW]

12/29/2002:  Salvatore, IK1AWV/p, will be active (weather permitting)
December 29th from Castello di Castellaro (DCI reference IM-015 for the
Italian Castles Award, Loc: JN33WU). Start time will be approximately 08:30
UTC, on 40 and 20 meter SSB. The Castle of Castellaro is located in the
Region of Liguria, Province of Imperia (IM). QSL via home call, direct or
bureau. [tnx IK1AWV]

12/29/2002:  Zeno, IK6COX/p, and Gianni, IK6CGO/p, plan to be active
December 29th from a DCI reference, for the Italian Castles Award, located
in the Region of Marche, Province of Macerata (MC). They will decide, at the
last moment, which reference they will activate. QSL via home calls, direct
or bureau. [tnx IK6COX]

73 and Good Hunting!
Dave Raycroft - VA3RJ