I cannot reproduce this, but I wasn't able to try this out with the
phone app.

How does the script you're using work? Does it send messages to the
messaging menu directly or does it insert them into telepathy? Could you
please attach it?

** Changed in: indicator-messages (Ubuntu)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to indicator-messages in Ubuntu.

Title:
  performing action on menu incorrectly clears and reloads menu

Status in “indicator-messages” package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in “unity8” package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  touch image 082713
  indicator-messages 13.10.1+13.10.20130822.5-0ubuntu1

  On touch, if you delete a message from the menu or reply to a text
  message, the entire menu is cleared out (all items removed) and then
  re-added. This is not the desired behavior and is a regression. Items
  should be removed but other items in the list should not be removed
  and rea-dded.

  Steps to reproduce:
  1) make multiple incoming calls or text messages to the phone (or populate it
programatically)
  2) swipe to delete a message or reply to a text message

  Expected Results:
  - the acted upon item should be removed from the list and all other items
should not change

  Actual Results:
  - the acted upon items is removed but so are all the other items, then they
are reloaded. this looks bad.