I'm using German and Japanese - I can only type Japanese in Unity on
Saucy, the same setup worked on Raring.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Dash and HUD do not accept keyboard input from ibus English input
  method

Status in Unity:
  Triaged
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  After installing ibus, the Dash's and HUD's search boxes does not
  respond to keyboard input. I can fix the issue either by switching
  ibus to the Anthy (Japanese) input method, in which case I can search
  in Japanese characters only, or by disabling ibus with im-config and
  restarting the X session. I cannot in the same session both type in
  Japanese and search the Dash in English, so this is a major problem.

  Non-Unity applications have no noticeable problem accepting English
  input from ibus.

  Using Saucy Salamander: Unity 7.1, ibus 1.5.3, and anthy 9100h.