I see that this bug is marked as fixed in 0.3.96。I'm still seeing it in
0.3.97-0ubuntu1. I have a number of Ubuntu 12.04 LTSP Fat clients, and
none of them can last more than a day or two without hud-service using
up all of the memory on the machine.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to indicator-appmenu in Ubuntu.

Title:
  "hud-service" has a memory leak (I think)

Status in “indicator-appmenu” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  After about 8 hours of use, I closed all the following programs:

  Pidgin
  Eclipse
  Rational Team Concert
  AT&T's AGNclient VPN software
  Banshee
  Chrome
  Synaptic
  Gnome-Calculator
  Gnome-Terminal
  Nautilus
  Lotus Notes

  ...and noticed that hud-service is taking up 162M of RAM.   It started
  out taking up something like 24M.

  Isn't that memory usage a little high?