@Stephen,

Many thanks for your reply.
Sorry my description maybe a bit mis-leading, this is not a single-touch bug,
but a possible Unity bug that touchpad cannot reveal launcher if a left-click
event happens via touch-screen.

Some more information for your reference:
1. This does not happen under Unity2D but only Unity3D
2. Windows hotkey still works, so the launcher can be called via hotkey
3. When issue occurs, unity --replace or compiz --replace cannot recover it. I
only found restart lightdm (restart X) can recover the issue
4. No error occurs from
$export UNITY_LOG_SEVERITY="=DEBUG;nux=DEBUG"
$unity --replace
5. If I touch the screen before setting launcher to auso-hide mode, touchpad or
external mouse still cannot reveal the launcher after autohide is selected.

Extra information which may not relate to this issue directly:
The position of touchpad pointer and touch screen pointer do not sync with each
other. For example, if I move the pointer to place A via touchpad, then touch
place B on the screen, then tried to move pointer via touchpad, the pointer
appears at place A instead of place B.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Launcher - unable to reveal Launcher under autohide after using the
  touch screen

Status in OEM Priority Project:
  New
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  To Reproduce:

  1. Set the Launcher to autohide

  2. On any system (have tried on some Dell systems and some HP systems)
  which supports single touch

  3. Touch the screen and try to move cursor to show launcher

  Expected result: Launcher can reveal
  Actual result: Launcher "cannot" reveal

  Additional information:
  1. When the issue happens, can press window key to show dash and launcher,
but moving cursor to the left side still can't show launcher

  2. There is no crash is observed so far on X or Compiz

  3. Switch to ttyl1 and restart lightdm can recover