I decided to give a try to Unity, in 2013, on LTS (12.04).
And, while fighting to change font size, themes, I found this bug while working
with second monitor attached to desktop.
I.e., my configured as primary is the HDMI monitor at left. And the
notifications are displayed in the secondary (at right) monitor.
Any patch for Precise? I know there is a dconf workaround. But this is really
the Unity way? For anything I want to customize/fix, install a third party
program?

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to notify-osd in Ubuntu.

Title:
  regression vs. notification-daemon: positioning when multiple screens
  are available

Status in Ayatana Design:
  Fix Released
Status in Notify OSD:
  Fix Released
Status in Notify OSD trunk series:
  Fix Released
Status in “notify-osd” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “notify-osd” source package in Natty:
  Fix Released
Status in “notify-osd” source package in Oneiric:
  Fix Released
Status in “notify-osd” source package in Jaunty:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: notify-osd

  I use nvidia TwinView (one X desktop across two monitors).
  notification-daemon was apparently sensitive to this (presumably
  through Xinerama info?) and would popup on my primary screen.

  notify-osd seems to be unaware of this, and appears in the top right
  of the overall viewport, which is on my secondary screen, and less
  visible, so less useful as a notifier.

  <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NotifyOSD#position>: "If any windows are
  open, a bubble should appear on whichever display contains the largest
  fraction of the area of the focused window at the moment the bubble
  starts appearing. If no windows are open, a bubble should appear on
  whichever display the first pointer is on at the moment the bubble
  starts appearing."