This is still a pretty giant problem for me.  If you select a new
message entry in the indicator applet, the launcher entry just wiggles,
demanding attention instead of foregrounding the window.  Pidgin isn't
the only app to do this, Thunderbird does as well.  It all used to work
in 12.04 as well, but as "fixes" are rolled into the LTS release, it is
slowly breaking there as well.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to indicator-applet in Ubuntu.

Title:
  indicator-applet fails to bring pidgin to foreground

Status in One Hundred Paper Cuts:
  Invalid
Status in “indicator-applet” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “pidgin” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: indicator-applet

  The indicator-applet cannot bring pidgin to the front sometimes
  when another program is focused. I have created a capture video to explain it.
  First you see that the applet can bring up pidgin fine.
  But when I open a new tab in opera and then click the applet the
  contact list of pidgin is not opened in the foreground. But you can see
  it appear in the bar at the bottom.

  Release:      9.04

  indicator-applet:
    Installed: 0.1.3-0ubuntu1