Sometimes (especially if I double click on a day number) there's a back
and forth highlighting with the current day.

E.g. today is the 16th.  I highlight the 11th.  Then I double click on
18th.  There's an 18->16->18 flicker.

If I walk to a different month, for the duration of the flicker the
whole calendar layout is briefly repainted to show today's calendar, and
then goes back to the desired y/m/d.  Terribly strange in combination
with bug 1240251 (the widget not opening at today, and offering no way
to jump there either).

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to indicator-datetime in Ubuntu.

Title:
  flickers when changing the date

Status in “indicator-datetime” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Repro steps:

  1. Click on the applet to open the drop down calendar
  2. Click on any day you wish to skip to the next month
  3. The entire drop down view flickers for .10 of a second . It looks like it
is redrawing

  I have the absolute latest , including an update that just got
  installed, fro the indicator-datetime applet and the problem persists

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.10
  Package: indicator-datetime 13.10.0+13.10.20131011-0ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 3.11.0-12-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: amd64