obviously going to the settings app, switching my language setting back
and forth and rebooting fixes it. my clock is now properly staying at
24h time.

seemingly we now set more variables in /home/phablet/.pam_environment than we
did at the time i was firstly setting up the image.
during OTA upgrade the new settings were not updated inside this config file so
that parts of my settings flipped back to english.

to handle this case in the future (we might have other cases where pam
settings of a user need upgrading even on released images) the session-
migration tool should get a backend to handle this.

i am turning this into a wishlist bug against session-migration, the
indicator task is solved.

** Also affects: session-migration (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: session-migration (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: indicator-datetime (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- system clock gets forcefully set to 12h (AM/PM) as soon as the panel clock
starts
+ /home/phablet/.pam_environment does not get updated on OTA upgrades

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to indicator-datetime in Ubuntu.

Title:
  /home/phablet/.pam_environment does not get updated on OTA upgrades

Status in “indicator-datetime” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “session-migration” package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  starting my phone set to german language the lock screen properly
  shows a 24h clock ...

  as aoon as the panel clock shows up, the lockscreen format (and all
  other places where the time is shown in the UI) is swithcing to AM/PM
  12h time format.