I think it is important that the indicator resets the selected date when it
gets closed.
It's not very feasible.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to indicator-datetime in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Does not open with "today", can't jump there

Status in “indicator-datetime” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  When clicking on the date/time, the dropdown window contains the
  year/month/day I visited there previously. Since altering the month or
  year doesn't change the day, often today's day number is highlighted.
  This, along with today's date being shown at the top, very easily
  leads to the misbelief that the current month's calendar is being
  shown, which is not necessarily the case. It's terribly misleading.

  (In the mean time, I understand that keeping the year/month during
  closure and reopening of the dropdown might be considered a feature
  useful for many people.)

  Furthermore, there's no option to jump to today, I have to manually
  walk to the current year and month.

  My suggestion is a "Today" button, with clearly distinguisable
  disabled state if it's already today's month being shown.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.10
  Package: indicator-datetime 13.10.0+13.10.20131011-0ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 3.11.0-12-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Tue Oct 15 23:55:07 2013
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20120425)
  MarkForUpload: True
  SourcePackage: indicator-datetime
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to saucy on 2013-10-12 (2 days ago)