Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Switch button to toggle automatic inclusion of online search results

Status in Unity:
  Confirmed
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  The idea is so that users can turn off *automatic* inclusion of online
  results when remote search is enabled but still allow online search to
  performed manully with keyword search (eg info:weather in some place).

  As of now, the big switch button in Privacy lets you to enable remote
  search and pull online results automatically as you search or disable
  remote search completely when it's turned off so you dont get online
  results at all.

  I think it would be desireable if there is another switch to toggle
  the automatic inclusion of online search results in dash. I believe
  some of users such as myself love the idea of being able to do online
  search in dash but not when results from local search are mixed
  together with online results as the current behaviour of dash home.

  TL;DR - Add switch button to disable automatic inclusion of online
  search in dash home but still allow remote search with keyword