    https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1072518

Hi, I assumed this is the duplicate issue as bug 1072518, while this
report is filed earlier I think the later one is much appropriate.

   Restarting network crashes (apparently) the desktop manager

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

Title:
  "/etc/init.d/networking restart" causes unity to crash (12.10 beta)

Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  I ran "/etc/init.d/networking restart" from the terminal and it
  appeared that Unity crashed as result. The launcher and the top panel
  disappeared. I was still able to right click on the desktop and get
  the context menu, the theme from my open chromium windows seems to
  have had resorted to a default theme of some sort and I wasn't able to
  type in the chromium window location bar.