libcanberra just wraps around GStreamer and Pulse which are parts of our
current audio stack.  It's just small convenience API that we already
support in main.  Adding full Qt support to indicator-datetime seems
kinda crazy (it doesn't have any Qt deps today)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to indicator-datetime in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Use the existing audio stack to play event sounds

Status in “indicator-datetime” package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  This merge introduced several new packages in order to produce sounds on
calendar events
  https://code.launchpad.net/~charlesk/indicator-datetime/alarms/+merge/204420

  We should rather use existing APIs in QtMultimedia or go directly to the
media service in the platform api.
  - reduce number of packages supported
  - allow coordination for audio playback from multiple sources
  - support multiple encoding formats