** Project changed: indicator-datetime => unity-control-center

** Package changed: indicator-datetime (Ubuntu) => unity-control-center
(Ubuntu)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to indicator-datetime in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Can't add 'other locations' for clock in 12.04 and 12.10

Status in Unity Control Center:
  Confirmed
Status in “unity-control-center” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Release: Ubuntu 12.04 beta 32-bit (via VirtualBox on Win7)
  Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.4.0-0ubuntu4

  I attempted to add 'Sydney' and 'Canberra' to the 'other locations'
  list of the clock applet.

  The locations aren't recognized (I'm not sure ANY locations that I
  type are recognized) so for the moment it looks as if the location
  database is missing, or some other bug is stopping the locations from
  being parsed correctly.

  The new interface is very unhelpful because it's not clear if the
  lookup is failing to do anything, or whether the placename is unknown,
  or whether I have simply failed to click/type something. There should
  be a status bar giving some feedback, or something like that.

  Could it be that this is related to missing Localisation data on my
  system? If so, the control center should notify me rather than failing
  silently.