** Tags added: lockscreen

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

Title:
  curiosity killed the trusty tahr

Status in Unity:
  New
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  I went to the vet with cat #2, while cat #1 was at home. Being a
  responsible user, I locked my screen with Ctrl-Alt-L before leaving.

  When I returned from the vet, cat #1 was sitting on the keyboard of my
  Thinkpad x201, and the keyboard buffer of the screensaver's password
  entry field was full.

  Even after removing the cat, the password entry field was
  unresponsive. It was impossible to delete the garbage characters
  entered by cat #1, even trying to get the focus to that dialog using
  the mouse was unsuccessful. My only option was to go to a text console
  using Ctrl-Alt-F1 and reboot (I know, I could have killed the
  screensaver, but for ordinary users this is probably too complex.)

  I consider that a bug in unity or the screensaver. Curious cats should
  not kill the trusty tahr or its screensaver.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
  Package: unity 7.2.0+14.04.20140403-0ubuntu1
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-23-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: amd64
  CompizPlugins: No value set for
`/apps/compiz-1/general/screen0/options/active_plugins'
  CurrentDesktop: Unity