The lock screen is Unity. What version of that were you running when you
last saw this? (If you upgraded you won't be running the new one until
you restart your session)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Screensaver leaks password key-presses through to applications

Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  On more than one occasion I have been unable to focus on the password
  field. I typed my password in but it didn't appear. Eventually I
  managed to get focus on the password field, and unlocked. When I did,
  I found the active window had a copy of my password and some other
  keys I mashed only during the lock screen.

  Just had a friend confirm this happened to them.

  We shouldn't allow keypresses to leak through from the lock screen.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
  Package: lightdm 1.10.0-0ubuntu3
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-24-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Sat Apr 12 16:24:59 2014
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Alpha amd64
(20120102)
  SourcePackage: lightdm
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to trusty on 2013-12-09 (124 days ago)