I wanted to take a screen-shot of my desktop while the application
switcher (Alt+Tab) is opened.

Obviously, tapping the "Prt Sc" key would not work, (Most likely because
I have to keep the "Alt" key pressed, to keep the the Application
Switcher visible).So I used the gnome-screenshot app.

This is what I did, and steps to reproduce the problem.

- Kept the default selection ("Grab the whole screen), and set a delay of 3
seconds.
- Press take screenshot
- Press Alt-Tab and keep the Alt button pressed while waiting for the
screenshot to be taken
- I might be wrong here but this bug only happens when the activated window
after taking the screenshot is maximized.
- When the screenshot is taken, the window will appear which shows the
screenshot.
- Release the Alt key.
- At this point, Unity will be somewhat broken.
* Pressing the Super key will no longer show the dashboard.
* Pressing Alt-Tab doesn't show the Application switcher.

To fix it, I keep middle clicking with the mouse on the top bar to bring the
current window to the background. Until I reach the Screenshot.
After I close it, everything is turned back to normal.

I'm not sure if this is a bug in Unity or in Gnome Screenshot, but since
it only occurs with me while using the gnome-screenshot package, I filed
the bug here.

-----
Ubuntu 13.10
gnome-screenshot 3.8.2-0ubuntu1
Maybe it is relevant unity: 7.1.2+13.10.20131014.1-0ubuntu1

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 13.10
Package: gnome-screenshot 3.8.2-0ubuntu1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.11.0-19.33-generic 3.11.10.5
Uname: Linux 3.11.0-19-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.12.5-0ubuntu2.2
Architecture: amd64
Date: Thu Apr 17 14:22:52 2014
ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/gnome-screenshot
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20120425)
MarkForUpload: True
SourcePackage: gnome-screenshot
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to saucy on 2013-10-19 (180 days ago)

** Affects: unity (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug saucy
--
Parts of Unity are becoming invisible after taking a timed screenshot of the
"Alt-Tab" screen