Actually, you're right. When my battery is plugged in and charging, it
is showing the mouse icon.

The spec says:

"If anything is discharging, the menu title should represent the
component (not battery, but component) that is estimated to lose power
first. For example, if your notebook battery is estimated to discharge
in 1 hour 47 minutes, and your wireless mouse battery is estimated to
discharge in 27 minutes, the menu title should represent the mouse. "

In this case, my mouse does not provide an estimated time remaining, so
it should not be displayed in preference to the battery.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to indicator-power in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Indicator stuck on mouse icon, along with "estimating..."

Status in One Hundred Papercuts:
  In Progress
Status in The Power Indicator:
  In Progress
Status in “indicator-power” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  indicator-power 12.10.6+13.10.20130918.2-0ubuntu1, Ubuntu 13.10

  My power indicator is stuck on the mouse icon. When I click on it, it
  says "Mouse (estimating)".

  Why is it stuck on "estimating"?
  Why show the icon at all if I'm using a Logitech mouse with a battery?

  <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Power#time-presentation>: "The brief time-remaining
string for a component should be:
  * the time remaining for it to empty or fully charge, if estimable, in H:MM
format; otherwise
  * 'estimating…' if the time remaining has been inestimable for less than 30
seconds; otherwise
  * 'unknown' if the time remaining has been inestimable for between 30 seconds
and one minute; otherwise
  * the empty string."