how do i get this fix working constantly? I still have to follow the
workaround Peter described in 26?

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to indicator-printers in Ubuntu.

Title:
  indicator-printers not working on Ubuntu 14.04

Status in Print Indicator:
  In Progress
Status in “indicator-printers” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “indicator-printers” source package in Trusty:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  [Impact]
  The panel should have a print indicator as long as there are any print jobs
queued or processed. Currently, this indicator never appears, even though
printing works fine.

  This is because the service that listens to CUPS fails to register its
  D-Bus name (as of revision 68), which results in the panel component
  not finding the service. The attached branch fixes this by making the
  service register the name the panel expects.

  [Test Case]
  Print a document from any application and check whether the print indicator
appears while it is printing.

  [Regression Potential]
  Almost none. The print indicator is not working at all right now, and the fix
only touches that indicator.

  [Original Description]
  even after lates updates still no printer notifications in the panel . I
checked and the package "indicator-printers" is correctly installed and the
printer prints without problems. But, there is no notification icons on unity
panel. I had no problems at all with 13.10 instead