Can you still preduce this issue? We had some changes on this code area,
maybe the bug just went away.

** Changed in: unity

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

Title:
  [quantal] [regression] Incorrect icons for USB devices

Status in Unity:
  Incomplete
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  In 12.04, when I plug in a USB stick it is shown as a USB icon in the
  laucher.  A media player is displayed as a media player icon.

  In 12.10, some USB sticks are displayed as a combined USB/floppy icon.
  My media player is displayed as a USB icon.

  The drives which show incorrect icons are all SanDisk:

  Cruzer Micro (0781:5406)
  Cruzer Micro (0781:5151)

  and the media player is:

  Sansa E260 (0781:7421)

  The usual dialog asking what to do when a media player is inserted is
  not displayed in 12.10 as it was in 12.04.

  The drive that is re-mounted is an old Lexar 64MB Jumpdrive
  (05dc:0080).