On my computers, the Dash opens quickly the first time, but it takes too long
to populate (and therefore, to be useable), which is a bit annoying, and
frustrating for new users. It wasn't the case in 12.04. It kind of defeats the
whole search-everthing-quickly thing, particularly for apps that are not pinned
to the launcher.
Shouldn't the Dash be loaded upon login? Since the content is supposed to be
the same as the last time it was summoned before shutting down and rebooting?

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Opening the dash is very slow and laggy

Status in Unity:
  Confirmed
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  When I was running off a usb drive at least, opening of the app/files
  dash lagged a second or two behind the actual clicking of the "logo
  button".  Just a minor thing, but was hard to ignore it