** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Launcher should not be locked in place until the pointer is actually
  in the corner

Status in Unity:
  Fix Released
Status in Unity 2D:
  Invalid
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “unity-2d” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  When revealing the launcher through the hot corner, the launcher
  should proximity-fade in as the pointer crosses the Ubuntu button, but
  it should also fade out if the pointer starts moving AWAY from the
  corner without actually hitting it first.

  The specification gives an algorithm for launcher opacity based on the
  proximity of the pointer to the corner, however that should be tweaked
  to start at 50% at the edge and move to 100% in the corner (I will
  update the spec if requested but the math should be clear ;-)).

  When the pointer hits the corner, the launcher should be sticky so the
  pointer can then be moved down onto the actual icon desired. In
  addition, if the launcher is folded, it should not unfold instantly
  when the mouse is coming down from the top corner, it should wait till
  we have some idea where the user is going and unfold *there*, to make
  it easier to hit the right app at the bottom of a very folded
  launcher.