Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: unity (Ubuntu)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to unity in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Most of the launcher and top bar freeze occasionally

Status in Unity:
  New
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  I think this happens mostly after locking and unlocking again.
  Clicking on the trash bin works as well as the tray icons.

  I switch the focussed application the title bar also changes but I am unable
to reach the application menu.
  Launching applications by clicking on the launcher icons doesn't work but the
icons refresh themselves on state differences.

  So I am able to see wether an application is started and the workspace
  indicator also refreshes.

  I am running Ubuntu 14.04 with Unity 7.2.0+14.04.20140423-0ubuntu1.2 and this
problem is available since I upgraded to 14.04.
  This bugs me a lot (happens on a daily basis).

  PS: it is currently frozen if that helps in the combination with the
  data from apport

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
  Package: unity 7.2.0+14.04.20140423-0ubuntu1.2
  Uname: Linux 3.13.0-24-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: amd64
  CompizPlugins:
[core,composite,opengl,compiztoolbox,decor,vpswitch,snap,mousepoll,resize,place,move,wall,grid,regex,imgpng,session,gnomecompat,animation,fade,workarounds,scale,expo,ezoom]
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Sun May 11 14:41:59 2014
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20120822.4)
  SourcePackage: unity
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to trusty on 2014-04-19 (21 days ago)