Public bug reported:

Still ongoing... See bug 1249663

I just did a fresh install of 16.04 and the same issue. "Indicator Applet
Complete" disappears.
My applet is at the bottom, I swapped the top with the bottom bar. I have
noticed that with the bar in "autohide" it seems that if there is activity of
the bar opening and closing it will cause the crash faster than a crash with no
activity.
Apparently this looks to be an issue that can't be fixed since it does go back
a few versions of Ubuntu with Flashback (Metacity).

Thanks
GEE

** Affects: indicator-applet (Ubuntu)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to indicator-applet in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Gnome flashback indicator-applet-complete disappears with option to
  restore

Status in indicator-applet package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description: