I just took a closer look at indicator-sound, and indeed I saw the line
2017-08-29. And the translation template is present in artful, but not
in bionic.

@Sebastien: Someone must have deleted it; I can't see another
explanation.

I made an attempt to upload the template manually, but that seems to not
have worked. Maybe another upload - just a no-change rebuild? - is
needed to make LP acknowledge the template for bionic.

@Sebastien: We need your advice here. Are no-change rebuilds necessary,
or is there a better way?

@Simon: As regards the unity-* packages: Yeah, I would like to see a
full list too. Just noticed that unity-control-center has that line, but
the unity package has not...

Possibly we need to upload all packages, whether that line is already
there or not, and add it if it isn't there. But let's await Seb's
response before proceeding.

** Also affects: unity (Ubuntu)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to indicator-power in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Use Ubuntu language packs for various indicators

Status in indicator-datetime package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in indicator-messages package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in indicator-power package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in indicator-session package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in indicator-sound package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in unity package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  The Unity family of packages was previously part of standard Ubuntu.
  Thus all the translation templates were made available to the
  translators via Launchpad, and the translations were included in the
  language packs.

  Since those packages are no longer part of standard Ubuntu, they have
  been moved from main to universe. And translations are dropped.

  At the moment, it is feasible for us to keep using langpacks.

  That means adding "X-Ubuntu-Use-Langpack: yes" to their debian/control
  and doing an upload.

  See: https://community.ubuntu.com/t/translation-of-unity-packages/4919