Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: appmenu-qt5 (Ubuntu)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to appmenu-qt5 in Ubuntu.

Title:
  qtcreator main menu invisible/inaccessible after ui designer session

Status in appmenu-qt5 package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  As soon as I edit the ui designer page of qtcreator, the title menu
  becomes invisible and inaccessible. It does not even reappear after I
  leave ui designer page, a window resize also doesn't help, restarting
  qtcreator brings everything back to normal until I enter ui design
  mode the next time.

  No obvious error messages are shown if I start and run qtcreator from the
command line. The system is fully updated and uses stock version of all
relevant binaries, libraries, and config files.
  The command 'lsb_release -rd' returns:
  Release:      17.04

  The command 'apt-cache policy qtcreator' returns:
  qtcreator:
    Installed: 4.1.0-3ubuntu1
    Candidate: 4.1.0-3ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 4.1.0-3ubuntu1 500
          500 http://at.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu zesty/universe amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  The problem already exists with minimal projects, i.e. I can reproduce it by
starting qtcreator, creating a new 'QT Widgets Application', using the default
values in all further input fields until the project is created, then double
clicking on mainwindow.ui in the file browser on the left hand side. As soon as
the ui designer has started, the menu is gone until the next restart of
qtcreator.

  Expected behavior: regardless of UI actions I have a fully populated
  menu in the title bar which becomes visible as soon as I hover the
  mouse pointer over the title bar of the qtcreator window.

  Observed behavior: after performing the actions stated above, I still
  have a window title bar with window manager decoration, the qtcreator
  menu, however, is gone.