** Tags removed: cosmic

** Changed in: compizconfig-settings-manager (Ubuntu)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to compizconfig-settings-manager in

Title:
  18.10 Compiz Viewport Switcher - 2 options Disabled

Status in Ubuntu MATE:
  Won't Fix
Status in compizconfig-settings-manager package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released

Bug description:
  Compiz > Viewport Switcher > Desktop-based Viewport Switching, 5th and
  6th options:  Move Next and Move Prev.

  After clean install of 18.10 (over 18.04.1) any attempt to change
  these, eg to Button5 and Button4 respectively (Mouse wheel Down/Up),
  appears to work during the input selection process, but then results
  in them still being set to Disabled afterwards.  So no way to switch
  viewports via a mouse.

  When I previously did a 18.04.1 upgrade to 18.10, it should have been
  OK as my preferences would have already had these buttons set.
  However, while Move Prev remained set, and worked, Move Next was
  already Disabled and did not work.  As soon as I clicked on Move Next
  it also went Disabled.  Neither will take changes.

  Both work fine on 18.04 and 18.04.1.  However I would note something
  odd on 18.04.1 (which was not present in 18.04.0):  While Move
  Next/Prev both still function on 18.04.1, if you look at them in
  Compiz CCM under 18.04.1 the fields display BLANK rather than
  Button5/Button4.  (If you click on either of the Pencil edit buttons,
  the value of the Button5/4 then appears.)  So something was starting
  to go wrong before 18.10 possibly.