The Precise Pangolin has reached end of life, so this bug will not be
fixed for that release

** Changed in: d-conf (Ubuntu Precise)

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to d-conf in Ubuntu.

Title:
  should not segfault on profile errors

Status in dconf:
  Fix Released
Status in d-conf package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in d-conf source package in Precise:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  I'm trying to create a system dconf configuration, and it's causing
  lightdm to crash.

  In /etc/dconf/profile/user I have
  user-db:user
  system-db:local
  system-db:site

  Then I create empty files /etc/dconf/db/local and /etc/dconf/db/site.

  On start, lightdm crashes, and x-0-greeter.log has this:

  /usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm-greeter-session: line 35:  5782
  Trace/breakpoint trap   (core dumped) exec $@

  If I remove the system configs, it works fine.

  If I don't have the empty files in /etc/dconf/db, I get a warning that
  the local one can't be found, and then the crash (I don't get a
  warning about the site one).