Reinstall DX4WIN, downloaded from the Internet site.
   Copy all the ZIP files except for your XXX.CTY file to the DX4WIN\Save
   directory, replacing the files you downloaded.
   Bring up DX4WIN.  It should have found your DX4WIN.CFG file OK.
   Close any open file.
   Go to File | Preferences.  Your personal information should be there.
   Change your User Level to at least Advanced, Save and Close.
   Go to File | Databases | Countries, select File | Merge other Country
   file.  Select the xxx.cty file on your ZIP drive and complete the merge.
   This way you will use the latest country file and preseve any call
   exceptions you have made.
   Do a File | Open and locate your log file.

The above assumes that you were using version 5.xx before.  If not, then
you might have to do a .ini file merge (assuming you created and saved an
ini file before the disk crash...)  If not, you may have to provide all
your preferences and licensing data manually.

Good luck!

John, K2CIB

                      "n3drk"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "dx4win"
<dx4win@mailman.qth.net>
                      com>                     cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [Dx4win] how do i

                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      man.qth.net

                      04/11/2002 11:23

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      John F Samuels

I lost my hard drive due to a virus. I saved my save directory to a zip
drive. I am going to download the program again. What are the steps of
putting my saved info into the new program? Surely this must have happened
to someone on this site!

thanks in advance
john