From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Jim Reisert AD1C
Sent: December 10, 2002 8:17 PM
To: Pete Smith; dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: RE: [Dx4win] IC775DSP/CT-17 vs DX4WIN

At 03:46 PM 12/7/2002 -0500, Pete Smith wrote:

>The 775 doesn't have the infamous "transceive" switch, does it?  Either

>in
>hardware or software?  Once upon a time this switch had to be set one
way
>or the other to communicate with the computer.  sorry, don't remember
any
>more details, because I've never owned an Icom HF rig.

My IC-756 Pro works with the radio "transceive" setting in either
position.  However, when it's on, the band/mode display in DX4WIN can
"bobble" while tuning the dial (temporarily go to strange
bands/modes).  When transceive is off, it's rock solid.  However, I must

remember to turn  it back on when running CT, which expects the radio to

"babble" frequency when the VFO knob is turned.

Jim Reisert AD1C, 7 Charlemont Court, North Chelmsford, MA 01863 USA
+978-251-9933, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.com PGP
Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC