Lee,
I ran into the same situation and gave up printing on QSL cards with
5.03.  I still have old Version 5.02 on my computer and use it to print my
cards.  However, I don't know if the Version 5.03 log (.dxl) file is a
backward compatible format for Version 4.07.  Someone else will have to
answer that for us.
73,
Bob - N9SF