I haven't used one of those, but have an adapter from BAFO which supplies
one COM port from a USB slot.  I've used it for packet and my cellular
telephone (data at 19.6 KB) very successfully.  Cost about $20.

I looked at the Byte Runner site and the subject adapter.  Looks good and
I've heard that Byte Runner stands behind their devices.  There's a 30 day
return policy if you're not satisfied with it.

Looks just like what I'll need for my laptop to control my TS-870, rotator,
packet, RTTY and CW keying. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

John, K2CIB