Hi Everyone. I've been using dx4win for about a month now and I have to
say I really love it. I really enjoy how easy it is to get at my info. I
do however have some questions. If some of you QSL gurus out there could
give me a hand, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'll start by saying I'm a bit confused over the QSL process. I have
some pretty basic questions that I think can be easily answered by the
experts.
1. The "Label" field is used to specify whether or not a QSO will
generate a QSL label. Is there a way to have it scan the log looking for
QSOs in the log that are listed as worked, but not mailed or confirmed
for either band, mode, or prefix? Essentially, I want to import a
contest log and have it flag only those "needed" for QSL. I have no
desire to send cards for countries or prefixes that I have already
confirmed. I'm guessing I need some sort of filter to do this, but I
didn't see a filter option listed that lets you sort QSOs based on their
QSL status.

2. QSL date probably gets filled in when you actually print the labels.
Is this also the date that's used to flag the QSO for a follow up QSL?
How do you know that a follow up QSL is required? Does the status change
from M to W? This seems like a very powerful feature, but I could use a
better explanation of how it works. What I'm guessing is, that I just
create a filter that includes a QSL date, but also included unconfirmed.
My only problem, can you specify before date as a filter option?

I'm playing around with this more and more, I just don't want to be
QSLing 100%. I really only want to add someone to the label database if
it's truly new. I can certainly filter QSOs that are "new" and haven't
been confirmed, but that doesn't mean I don't already have 10 cards from
P5... Ya Right.

-Brian
73 de W2SUQ