At 09:01 PM 12/14/03 -0500, you wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>Would appreciate if those of you who control their rigs with DX4WIN could
>take a few minutes and give me some input on how your rig is set up.
>
>If you do send an answer, please put 'radio driver input' in the subject
>line so my email program can sort them to the correct folder.  A 'reply'
>may work just fine.
>
>1.  What type of rig are you controlling?

Mark V
TS-930 with PIEXX multiprocessor board

>2.  Which driver are you using?

Yaesu FT-1000MP
Kenwood without S-Meter

>3.  For your rig to function with this driver, do you have the RTS or DTR
>checked (set to 'high'.)  This will be found in the 'radio' folder of
>preferences.

DTR is checked as "High" for the Kenwood, but this is not needed in N1MM
Logger, so I figure it is a meaningless accident...

>4.  Have you made any useful changes to the driver you chose?
>         (For example, some rig command protocol will allow for setting of
> filter bandwidths via RS 232 and some users have changed their default
> filter bandwidth.  Not all rigs are capable of this via RS 232.)

None.  Behavior of both rigs is flawless.  It's probably worth noting that
the PIEXX/TS-930 does not report its mode, because it has an old-fashioned
mechanical mode switch.  The PIEXX board instead reports back the last mode
that it was SENT by the computer, or USB if it has just been turned on, so
you have to get the radio and the computer in sync by grabbing an
appropriate spot if it doesn't come up in the mode you want (even though
the radio really is, for example, on CW).

73, Pete N4ZR
Happy Holidays
Check out the World HF Contest Station Database at
  www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm