In my DX4Win 5.03 manual it talks about how DX4Win checks to see
if sound is enabled on the computer and, because the software check
sometimes gives erroneous results, there is a way to bypass this check.

Specifically under the topic
Voice | Audio/Voice it says:

> Audio / Voice
> If a sound card is present in your system,
> the program can announce DX spots using the sound card.
> If no sound card is present, a DX alert results in a system beep.
> In some cases the function to test for a sound system fails.
> In such a case you can test if the system can play a sound file correctly and
> bypass this test.

In my new computer with sound on the motherboard,
it seems to me I'm not getting all the voice announcements,
although some do come through.

Is the function to test for a sound done each time a voice announcement is made
or just once when the program starts?

How can this check be bypassed?

Has anything  changed about this in version 6.01
which is on order?

Thanks,
Larry Alkoff N2LA

Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX