The DX4WIN exe file is actually around 2.8Mb; I used an EXE packer to reduce the
size of the program to about 900K. I guess that on relatively slow computers
the unpacking
time is the delay you notice. The program I used for this is called UPX, and it
is a free
program. I downloaded mine from:
http://upx.sourceforge.net/download/upx124w.zip

I mention this, because the packer can also unpack the executable, and give you
the
original large dx4win.exe file. On the command line, in the dx4w602 directory,
do:
upx -d dx4win.exe

Paul