From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Ken Kopp - KOPP
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2003 1:10 AM
To: dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Dx4win] Newbie questions

Hello All,

I have version 5.03, and I'm at 2100 Q's out of about 12K
to be manually entered.

I've just discovered that my first QSO with "Dubuque" County
Iowa does not show up in the list of counties worked.  The QSO
-IS- in the log and it shows up when I search for "Dubuque" in the
"County" field.  With about 590 counties now "worked", I'm now
wondering if there are others that have also failed to show in the
list.  I REALLY don't want to go back and audit 2100 entries to
see if EACH "new one" has shown up as I've entered it.  Someone
please see if your "Dubuque" county QSO appears in YOUR list
of counties worked.

It would be helpful to have the ability to enter "Independent City"
in the County field for those states that have these ... VA and
MO, for example.  Why?  Since there isn't (yet) a "City" field
one could search "VA" and "Independent City" for QSO's that
could be claimed for one of the needed adjacent counties.

A "City" field would be most helpful.  In my span of 51 years
of operating I have many QSO's with stations that have been
located in different places and if I understand correctly these
must be noted in the "Notes for this QSO" field and NOT in the
"Notes for this call".  I accidentally found that a "Notes ... call"
entry for "Bill - Podunk" will be changed in all my QSO's with
"Bill" when I log him at his new location as "Bill - Hamville".
I should have been entering all the 2100 locations in the "Notes ...
QSO" field ... correct?

I've run across numerous cases of spelling conflicts with 'boro
and 'borough as they appear un the US Postal Directory.  The
Postal Directory spelling should be the "correct" one.

The CA "Yuma" / "Yuba" County error has been noted before.

How do we know when there is a update available as these
little glitches get fixed and how do I get the update?

73! Ken Kopp - K0PP
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

multipart/alternative
  text/html
The reason this message is shown is because the post was in HTML
or had an attachment. Attachments are not allowed.
Please post in Plain-Text only.---