My follow-up comments are below.

At 10:42 1/22/03 -0500, VA3MW wrote:
>Richard
>
>What OS are you running this on?

I should have mentioned this before. I am running Win98 SE on a Dell 450mHz
machine using 352M of RAM. The computer is on a UPS and isn't affected by
power glitches.

>If it is XP or Win2k have you checked the event log to see if there are disk
>failures.

Can this be done on Win98? If so I would need a little guidance.

>On the surface, it sounds like it not a DX4Win issue.

This is probably true.

>Tell us more.  Have you tried running this on another computer to see if you
>get the same errors?  You might want to send the log to somone else and see
>if they have the same problem.

I have run it briefly on my wife's machine, Win2K on a Dell 1.2Gig machine.
No failures there.

But that doesn't mean much since I use DX4WIN everyday on my machine and do
many, many saves and shutdowns without failure anyway. The problem is
highly intermittent.

No my wife won't let me have her computer to use permanently. She's no
dummy. It would be very hard to move computers around anyway in the hamshack.

>How big is the log file?

The log file is about 6.6MB large. I am still hunting for some old computer
logs and I am sure I can get it to 100K QSOs soon.

>Mike Walker VA3MW
>DX Cluster telnet://portcredit.net:41112

As you said this is probably not a DX4WIN issue. It is more a how-to-backup
and recover issue.

73, Richard

[EMAIL PROTECTED]