> I've done some troubleshooting to try to help Paul isolate a "pattern" of
> crashes when using Alt-S save, since he indicated that after modifying
some
> code, the issue seemed to be resolved in the beta testing.  I have
> discovered that DX4WIN consistently crashes if I attempt to do an Alt-S
save
> BEFORE doing a menu save using File/Save.  If I first save through the
menu,
> then Alt-S will not crash DX4WIN on repeated subsequent saves.

> and Windows XP Home Edition, I am running Windows XP Pro (not Home
Edition)
> with all updates on a Dell 2.40 GHz machine with 512 MB RAM, using NTFS
file
> system.  I definitely have the under WinXP Pro.

HA HA now I see more differences between our SETUP, very strange because I
had
this the otherway around (beta release) under W2K pro when clicking on
FILE/SAVE
it stopped immediately. MY W2Kpro = NTFS
But
My Windows XP Pro (up to date via windows update) is STILL FAT32 because I
didn't convert
the drive yet and I don't have the problem

Setup is only PIII 850 Mhz 1024 Gb Ram but no IDE drives only SCSI +
Ultra160 HDD's

Just a suggestion to people who would share there info pse say also WHAT OS
you are
using and if you have  FAT16 - FAT32 or NTFS file system.

73 Guy ON4AOI

BAND DECODER and related stuff at
http://www.on4aoi.be/banddecoder.htm

DX4WIN soft and related stuff at
http://www.on4aoi.be/dx4win.htm

DX4WIN, WRITELOG, WF1B & RITTY CW & RTTY interfaces at
http://www.on4aoi.be/keyer.htm

ARSWIN link and related stuff at
http://www.on4aoi.be/web7.htm

DXTELNET soft and related stuff at
http://www.on4aoi.be/dxt.htm

MY SALESPAGE with radioamateur & computer parts
http://www.on4aoi.be/sale.htm