Hello.

About your problem, try unchecking the "Callsign Update" mark (Main window

File > Preferences > QSO > Callsign Update).  That way, lookup will not
take
place until you leave the callsign field (i.e. typing a space after
entering
the callsign).  I think your 366 MHz laptop may have it unchecked.

About the cursor moved from the callsign field to the lookup window, it
may be due to an "auto focusing" feature of Windows.  I didn't note that.

73 de Isidro, EA8NQ
E-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Visit the EA8NQ's DX Page (in Spanish):
http://www.qsl.net/ea8nq/