--- Pete Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't know if the API has now been delivered to software writers, but in
> looking over the data that are being delivered by the web site, it strikes
> me that one really good thing would be tight integration with the QSL stats
> in DX4WIN.  It would be great if there was a way, inside DX4WIN, to mark
> QSO records with QSLs received/matched through LOTW, and then to do
> submissions for awards in a clean and seamless way.

Yup.  It's a two-way street.

I hope the API lets us do the following:

Click a DX4WIN button that amounts to "Submit new QSOs".  DX4WIN will need a
QSO flag to mark QSOs that have been sent to LOTW.  "Submit new QSOs" will
convert and sign all QSOs since the last submission, and upload them to the
ARRL web site (or just create a .TQ8 file that we can upload ourselves).

Then as Pete describes, we need a way to get data back from ARRL that DX4WIN
can use to update the QSOs award flags (maybe to Submitted).  The "QSL
Received" field needs an extra option like "L" for LOTW, which is also
considered "Confirmed" as far as award submissions is concerned (I don't think
DX4WIN considers the awards flags valid if the QSO is not confirmed).

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC