Thanks for the feedback.  My prior analysis is included at the end for those
who can't remember.  I think it was Mel VE2DC who pointed out that there is an
option to highlight unconfirmed new entities as if they are unworked, so #1
changes a little.

Would it be nice to be fully configurable?  Sure!  Is it likely to happen?
Probably not. The most requested switch seems to be to choose whether band
spots have priority over mode spots, or vice versa (default right now is mode
over band).

So I hope Paul can fix the priority 3/4 problem (unworked band entity should
have priority over worked mode entity), as well as add this new switch.  This
should satisfy 95% of the users.  If you don't care about band or mode awards,
go into your DXCC prefernces and turn these awards off.

73 - Jim AD1C

I think I boiled the priorities down to three simple rules:

1.  All-time never worked has the highest priority.

2.  When both entities are unworked or both entities are
     worked but not confirmed, mode has priority over band.

3.  When one entity is unworked and the other is worked
     but not confirmed, the unworked entity has priority
     over the worked entity.

The priorities I suggested earlier seem to embody these requirements:

   1 = never worked
   2 = never worked mode
   3 = never worked band
   4 = unconfirmed mode
   5 = unconfirmed band

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC