Hi,
I've 3 WORKING LPT's and 4 serials in my WINDOWSXP-PRO computer
PC = PIII 850 Mhz with only Hi speed SCSI devices
otherwise this system would be to slow and I can't upgrade it
because ................... NO MORE ISA-SLOTS available

All hardware is controlled via DX4WIN (and other software)
LPT1 = My Call BANDDECODER + CW/PTT RIG1
LPT2 = My Call BANDDECODER + CW/PTT RIG2
LPT1 = ARSWIN motorcontrol
Com1 = FT1000mp
Com2 = FT920
Com3 = FSK + PTT (RTTY) PTT only when running PSK31
Com4 = UPS control

In my case all works OK because the 2 LPT ADD-ON card is
NOT a PCI card but still with a ISA slot.
With ISA based cards you can control every setting of the LPT port
PCI LPT based cards don't allow this
Because IT's PnP = "Plug and PRAY" and then XP control's it
Nomatter what Brand PCI-LPT add-on card on the marked now
will work.

Sri to say

Guy ON4AOI